Since the beginning of the early 1950s, hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders as well as switches and control boxes for the mining industry have been produced at the ARMAGUSS factory in Honigsberger Street in Mülheim an der Ruhr. The business comprised a non-ferrous metal and grey-cast-iron foundry as well as a small metal cutting operation.

In 1959, the company began constructing and manufacturing large hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders as well as swivel guides for the steel and milling industries with the acquisition of a well-known German original equipment manufacturer.
The foundry was shut down due to insolvency in 1968. Only the construction of cylinders by a hand-picked team continued under the HPT name. Over the years, the OEM business has been further expanded in heavy industry.


In 1989, the commercial and technical managers each bought up to 50% of the HPT company and ran it as an equal partnership.
.Heinz Gocke has been the sole acting partner of the company since 2007 when he and his wife, Renate, bought the retiring commercial managing director's share. HPT Hydraulics and Pneumatic Technologies GmbH.

In September 2008, the company left their old offices and factory and moved to a new location by the harbour due to expanding capacity and internal logistics.      
Mr Gocke is planning to hand control of the board of management to both his sons, Ingo (commercial) and Bernd (technical/production) in the mid-term.
Creating and managing customer contacts for technical tendering is in the reliable hands of Mr Rademann who has worked with Mr Gocke since 1996.


Hydraulik- u. Pneumatik-Technik GmbH